Flamboyance and drama, luxury and show, design and technique, are a few of the many terms that can describe Rohit Bal clothes; this collection bestows on him the tag ‘czar of couture’
History and folklore come together in this whimsical and capricious couture collection that blurs lines between art and fashion. Each ensemble is a masterpiece woven from the brilliance of Bal’s imagination, played out in his fantasy pantomime. The studied collection was intelligently complied to portray Bals in-depth knowledge and deep understanding of tradition, embroidery and silhouette. Drawing influences from a world lost in time, the designers beautiful tapestries and detailed embroideries were the highlight of this collection.
While he stuck to his signature flowy and voluminous silhouettes, long cloaks, Maharaja jackets and capes featured artwork like embroideries of Kashmiri thread work in an array of eye catching colours. The innovative and awe-inspiring collection had many ensembles that were just collector’s pieces, some of our favourites are featured here.
1. Quilted Cloak featuring his signature birds and peacock motif embroidered in bright colours
2. Velvet Maharaja jacket with thread work and zardozi draped over a volumous anarkali
3. An anarkali gown with rich Kashmiri embroidery and rose-ruffled cuffs
4. Jodhpurs teamed with an embroidered bandhgala featuring both the flower and the parrot in bright colours. Even the shoes reflect the same theme
5. Digitally printed quilted overcoat with a bright inner lining.